Wednesday 1 February 2017

A sad day

Today is a sad day, as we hear the news that Sir Ken Morrison has passed away.   


Sir Ken was the son of the founder of Morrisons; William Morrison who took over his father's small grocery chain and turned it in to one of the UK's largest supermarkets - what an achievement!

Although I was not lucky enough to have met him, I did receive several letters from him in response to me writing to him about this unique hobby - I was/am so grateful.




Today, also reminded me of what a lasting impression my hobby has had on others (even if I do not get the opportunity to visit as often now that I am living in Guernsey - when is Morrisons returning to Guernsey? - I will save this for another post), I have received numerous messages sharing the news of Sir Ken - people knowing full well I'd be interested to hear.

Friends also often message when driving past a Morrisons, or when they are sitting behind a Morrisons van on the motorway or just doing their weekly shop - what a funny impression I have left.

RIP Sir Ken Morrison - the impression you made on so many, will certainly live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment