Saturday 17 February 2018

Morrisons is coming to to the Channel Islands

Monday 12th February 7.10 a.m.

I couldn't believe it - surely I must be dreaming!

But no, it's actually true!  It has been announced that the Sandpiper CI group have entered into a franchise agreement with Morrisons. This will result in the Food Hall stores across the Channel Islands being re-branded as Morrisons Daily convenience stores.  I couldn't be happier!

Back in the summer of 2014 I was lucky enough to visit the Morrisons HQ in Bradford, whilst there I explained I was moving to the Channel Islands and I was very disappointed that I wouldn't have the opportunity to shop at Morrisons any more.  The CEO at the time, Dalton Phillips said if I found Morrisons a location they'd look into the feasibility of opening a store here.  In Guernsey I found an empty unit which used to be a Co-op bank so I sent Morrisons a picture:


Potential store in Guernsey

Almost 4 years later and here we are - Morrisons stores en route to the Channel Islands!  Can't wait to cut the ribbon as promised by Dalton Phillips (ex CEO) ...

Email from Dalton Phillips (ex CEO)


No comments:

Post a Comment