Thursday 16 May 2013

Collecting the Uniform

So from receipts to bags...to Uniform? 


As if this hobby couldn't get any stranger, at one stage I started collecting the uniform (will add in here that it was all new!).

At various stores we'd go in and speak to the store manager and after explaining about this interesting hobby, they'd go and see if they had any spare items lying around.  They were always more than happy to help in any way they could.  I remember visiting the store in Malton, the manager was so friendly - she even ended up offering me a job - unfortunately being miles away from home and only 15 at the time it wasn't very practical!  I wonder if the job offer still stands?  Anyone work at Malton Morrisons? 

I eventually ended up with shirts, ties, hats, lots of hats, my own name badge...I think I got a bit carried away.  


By now you're probably thinking, what use is a +Morrisons  uniform to someone who doesn't even work at the store?! 




Well, the caps were brilliant!  I'm afraid to say I did wear them out in public! I did have a picture but can't seem to find it at the moment.  However, the butchers hat never made it out (Thought that was taking it a bit far) I even used the shirts as 'night-wear' - the looks I got from the other boarders were priceless! 





Unfortunately, after having a clear out a few years ago, all I have now is a few hats and the name badge!  Anyone got any spare uniform?  Particularly fond of the green gilets and jackets... 

No comments:

Post a Comment