Monday 12 August 2013

Bristol - Cribbs Causeway

Whenever we call at Bristol - Cribbs Causeway I know I'm on holiday or I'm on my way home from a holiday...



This has been one of my favourite calling points for many years.  It's very handy being just of the M5 at Junction 17.  With Motoway services becoming very expensive, it's great to know we can stop off at Morrisons, fill up with fuel & get something to eat!  It's also where I first saw the Morrisons flags, one of which I now use as a blanket. (Read more about that here





The past week I have spent in the beautiful South West staying in a holiday cottage in Axminster, where unfortunately they don't have a Morrisons!  Perhaps a destination to open a new store? 

On the way down we called into Bristol to pick up cheap fuel and on the way back we called in for something to eat.  I have very fond memories of meeting my grandparents here for meals on journeys down to the South West, so it's always nice to call back.  We even managed to get a free cup of coffee on this trip! Mum had got a coffee but felt her cup was only half full so when we explained this to the staff they were only more than happy to help and offered her a free cup!



Whilst we were there we also called into the petrol garage to pick up a new 'Morrisons Road Atlas' only to find they didn't have any! Does anyone know if they have stopped producing them?  Mine is from 2008 so quite outdated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment